Washing?your?car?during?winter?can be very challenging.
It might seem meaningless, but it is impossible to keep the grime from building up.?Below are guidelines that one should follow while cleaning his/her car during the winter season.?These guidelines will enable you to maintain the appearance of your vehicle.
- Spray under your?car?to?release?any?form?of?sludge?or?salt?that might?have?build-up.?If you are?taking?your?car?for?an automated?car?wash,?request?the?use?of one that?has?an underbody?wash.
- Ensure you wash away all the salt left on your car for too long.?This because the oxidative reactions of?salt?might?lead?to rust.
- Pay attention to the?wheels?and tires of your?vehicle.?Make sure?the?pressure?is?correct?and?use?a wheel glaze after?cleaning.?This?prevents?cases?of cracking of the?rubber?on your?tires.
- As the winter season approaches,?ensure?your?car?is waxed.?This will?act?as a?barrier?to the?salt?and?dirt?and it will?protect?your?car.
- Buy?winter floor mats that will?protect?the?interior?of your?car?from?the entry?of?salt?and?dirt.
Things Not to Do:
- Do not wait for the spring season to?wash?your?car.?The?more?the salt stays on your?car?the longer the?chances?of rust formation
- Do not forget?to stock?your?car?with?anti-freeze.?This will?prevent?damage?to your?car?s?body parts.
- Avoid?driving?your?car?while it is still wet after?washing.?The?car?handles?might freeze and?cause?severe damages.
- Avoid?pouring hot water on your?car.?This might cause cracking of your body car and windshield.
- Do not?wash?your?car?on a?day?with below zero?temperatures.?This may?lead?to?water?freezing?your?door?shuts?or the?car?keyholes.