Cleaning your car after a summer road trip doesn’t have to be a drag.
Summer road trips can detract from the beauty of your car, especially if traveling with children and pets. Following are some?practical pro tips?for keeping your vehicle clean during a trip, and restoring its showroom look afterward.
Before the Trip
Starting the trip with the car already clean will go a long way toward keeping it that way. Be sure to take along some trash bags, wet wipes, and rags to keep the vehicle clean during the trip. Also, point out that all passengers in the vehicle are expected to contribute to keeping it clean as the road trip progresses.
During the Trip
Take a minute to clean the rubbish out of the car each time you make a stop for gas and restroom breaks. Be especially mindful to remove any food products that have been partially eaten and then discarded as these cause unpleasant smells, and attract pests into your car!
10 Pro Tips Cleaning Your Car after the Trip:
- Empty all trash and remove the floor mats first.
- Use a small paintbrush and a damp, lint-free cloth to clean the air vents and dashboard.
- Use a toothbrush to get the food and debris out from tight crevices in the upholstery.
- Vacuum the interior thoroughly. Move seats forward and back to clean under them.
- Use a moist sponge or tape around your hand to remove pet hair from upholstery and carpet.
- Wash and wax the exterior of the car out of direct sunlight and heat.
- Avoid using dish detergent for washing as it can damage the wax that protects the paint.
- Use a silicone squeegee or chamois leather for drying to prevent streaking.
- Use a?professional degreaser?product to clean the wheels without damaging their finish.
- Clean the glass last. Avoid Windex and other cleaners that can damage window tinting.
For the ultimately clean car after any road trip, stop into Express Jet Car Wash!